all the feels

I just put the babies down for a nap after doing a feeding solo. Klane’s at work and my parents went for a run, so I had them all to myself. After I fed them, I burped them both at the same time and they both fell sweetly asleep on my chest, little smiles playing across their faces. I nuzzled and kissed their soft little heads and breathed in their sweet baby scent and felt their warm little bodies breathing in and out. After changing each of them I swaddled them up and sang them a lullaby, and suddenly I had tears streaming down my face because I felt so much gratitude and so much love for these babies and I want so much for their happiness and success in life. I am just so, so grateful to be their mother, to get to raise them at the same time, to be experiencing all of this. I wanted this for so long and now I’m here, and it’s better than I ever could have hoped or imagined it would be. I was overwhelmed and a little nervous when I found out I was having twins, but now I can see that I shouldn’t have been worried. These two babies are the best thing that has ever happened to me and raising them at the same time is more fun and joyful and amazing than I ever thought it would be. I’m just overwhelmed right now with how happy I am and how great this is. I love these babies! This is the best thing in the whole world.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

(photos from a similar moment last week)

10 comments on ‘all the feels’

1. Alexa says:

You were just always meant to be each other’s. Amazing, to think of how perfect the timing was and how perfectly it all was laid out.

I love witnessing this :)

2. marilyn heap says:

Alexa…Thanks so much for being the special, sweet,loyal friend to Angie that you are. i love you and sppreciate you so much and know that you and Angie were ment to meet each other and be close friends. Thanks for always being there for her. Angie,,,this post brought Happy Tears to my eyes and deep joy to my heart. i felt those same feelings with each of our children…We had to wait until our Heavenly father was ready to send our special children down to us too. Sometimes the wait was long and hard but always so worth the wait. You are the sweet mother I always knew you would be. You will love watching those little ones grow and enjoy each other. Twins are just double joy and happiness…Love you sweet angel girl…

3. Morgan says:

I was in tears reading this. I’m just so very happy for each and every one of you. I remember right after I’d found out that you were expecting, when you told me that you were feeling overwhelmed about having twins. I understood and at the same time, I was thinking that you need not fear, that you could totally do this and do it so well. There’s no doubt that you were all meant for each other.

4. Cherene says:

Beautiful babies, beautifully written, beautiful you!

5. Calee says:

Aww I just read your recent posts and am just giddy for you!! I can only imagine the experience x2. It looks like you were made for this, good job sister!

6. Lisa says:

Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE with these two !! They are both so cute !!! Wow, Ang! You guys did so good !! Cute, Cute, Cute ! You are already a fantastic mother !!

7. Sheralee says:

This is the best. I’m so happy for you!!

8. Sharla says:

Love you sis! So proud of you for so many reasons, and thank you for sharing this miracle with me!

9. Sydna Graf says:

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts and following all the Instagram pictures of the babies. It’s so fun to see them fill out and get a little bigger. I am so happy for you and this stage of your life!

10. Shannon says:

Made me bawl a little bit, but the happy kind of course. :)
    You’re such a natural at being a mama! I’m seriously amazed at how smoothly you’ve transitioned into having to tiny babies to take care of. I love seeing all your pictures, it’s almost like you can see the friendship between those cute sibs already! :) We just love your perfect little family!!