Surprise!

This week I came on a super secret trip to Utah. I haven’t been able to blog about it because I wanted to surprise my sister-in-law Annie. I came to meet this little guy:

I guess it wasn’t too super-secret, since most people knew I was coming, except Annie. She was the only one I wanted to surprise anyway. I will never forget the look on her face when she opened her front door to find me standing on her porch, just moments after hanging up the phone with me, thinking I was calling from New York. It was awesome!

I guess the shock did the trick; within a few hours Annie was in labor. I had the opportunity to be there to witness the birth, which was an amazing experience! What a miracle. I am so glad Annie was open to letting me come, because it was really awesome.

I’ve had a great time in Utah, making visits I missed over Christmas (UVU Dental Hygiene Clinic, Dad’s office where I used to work) and have spent a lot of time with family. My parents have been taking me to all the newest, best restaurants. La Jolla Groves, Malawi’s Pizza, Communal and more. Lots of good conversations have been enjoyed with family.

I love it here. :)

17 comments on ‘Surprise!’

1. Joanna Galbraith says:

What is it about newborn babies? He is so cute. He already looks like a little boy! I didn’t realize you were surprising her!! How fun. Your pictures capture the moment so well. I can’t wait to hear about your trip when you get back!

2. Sheralee says:

How fun!!! Someday maybe I can surprise you like that in NY! What a beautiful mother. I hope when I have babies I can still look that pretty. :)

3. Annie says:

Best. Surprise. EVER.

It has been so great to get to share the last 24 hours with you ;)

4. Calee says:

What a fun surprize! There really is something undescribable about babies coming into this world, and you don’t quite get it until you’ve been there. How cool of an experience for you!
    I’m sad I wasn’t at the office when you came in. I miss being there when old work friends come to visit;).

5. Alexa says:

That second photo is stunning! I love the black and white. I’m so glad that you are having fun!

6. Dayna Magleby says:

Wow. Those pics are amazing. That is so fun that you got to surprise her, and make a second trip to Utah so soon!!! If this trip hasn’t convinced you yet to get started then I don’t know what will…. ;)

7. Amanda says:

I love La Jolla Groves. Just thinking about their mushroom soup makes my mouth water! Hope you’re having a great trip!

8. Abbie White says:

Oh my! HE IS SO CUTE!! I want another one! Okay, next time I have a baby, will you surprise me so I go into labor? Thanks!

(oh, just think of how cute your babies are going to be!!! :):))

9. Morgan says:

How fun! CONGRATULATIONS on your new nephew!!! He is absolutely adorable! I’m so happy that your surprise went over so well and that were able to be there for his birth, and I’m so glad that you’re back in Utah. I know how much you love it there and I hope that you’re enjoying every second of your visit!

10. Natalie Wright says:

Holy Cow Angie when I read the post title “Surprise!” and then the first thing I saw as it opened was a picture of a baby…. I thought you had been holding out some information about yourself from those of us who don’t see you! hahaha

11. Sydna Graf says:

Krysta was sure surprised to see you at UVU. She wished she had more time to talk to you. Your new nephew is darling. How fun to get to see him.

12. Megan says:

That is so fun that you were able to surprise her and be here for the birth of her little boy. So much fun and such a neat experience. Love newborn babies!! He is so cute!

13. Once again, beautiful baby pictures! I love the first one, especially, but they’re all so sweet. How neat that you got to be there!

14. Ryan Graf says:

Thats cool you got to witness the birth. You and Annie must be very close! Donna barely let the doctor in the room once it was time to deliver our baby!

Thats neat you surprised the UVU Dental Hygiene group with Krysta there. I’ll bet she was shocked.

15. Amanda V. says:

Will you come take my babies’ pictures when I’m about to give birth?? Is that too much to ask?? ;) You are incredible!! These pictures look as good or better as those by any “professional,” and you know I’m a photo snob. Very nicely done :)

16. sharla Graf says:

Love these shots and yes, annie and the baby are both beautiful. Annie looked absolutely radiant and she is a pro at this baby making bussiness. Loved having you here and loved seeing a few of the Harding family. We just adore that entire family and especially Klane. Thank him for letting you come and visit and be a part of all of this. What fun we had!

17. Katherine says:

What a beautiful baby boy– and gorgeous little family! You are the best photographer. Does your family know how LUCKY they are? I’m sure they do.:)