Reunions

The first two weeks of January we were kind of in hibernation mode. We didn’t see any of our friends (except at work and church, which is a given). Last Saturday everyone started to come out of hibernation and began making plans to see each other. I had a fun day full of reunions with long lost friends I hadn’t seen for a month or more!

First I met up with Alexa for a walk in Central Park and some salted peanut butter hot chocolate at Shake Shack. There is a lot to talk about after a month apart, including the holidays!

We found THE cutest street on the Upper West Side. I am in love. It’s right behind the Museum of Natural History.

Later on I met up with Abbie and kiddos at the Museum to check out Brainfest. For a couple hours we chatted and wandered and wrangled kids. It was really fun.

Then that night, Klane and I met up with Pat and Lindsay and Johnny and Joanna at the Koellings house for a movie night. We ended up talking until 1:30 am, it was so fun and so great to see our friends again. The night ended with a public transportation miracle, when the bus AND the train came right away and we were home in 20 minutes flat. At ONE THIRTY in the morning!!! It was amazing and the perfect end to a great day.

9 comments on ‘Reunions’

1. Joanna Galbraith says:

ANGIE! You are in Utah right now!!! Crazy. That really is the cutest street ever. Thank you for the eye candy this morning. And I am in love with Alexa’s boots. AND, I am glad we’re hanging out again. Hope your trip is going great.

Also, maybe it was your mom who posted on my blog, but part of me wonders if it was you accidentally signed in as her. But if not, hello Sharla!

2. Abbie White says:

That neighborhood is where we’re going to live when we grow up! My very favorite in all of Manhattan!

It was soooo fun to see you! Seriously, it was magical. What a great, great Saturday.

3. Donna says:

While I love the beautiful pics of snow I can’t help but to love my snowless Dixie! I like how the buildings on that block are different colors. They all have little details that make each of them unique. I love it!

4. Amanda V. says:

I love that you were able to reunite with such wonderful peeps, and even more I love that you were blessed with a transportation miracle! :)

On another note, I am strongly regretting not having tried the salted peanut butter hot chocolate before I left…

5. Alyssa says:

Oh the hibernating months. I find myself eating more candy due to hibernation mode. I’m glad you came out of hibernation so much that you came to Utah! It was so great to see you today!

I love that street you found too! What incredible abodes!

6. sharla graf says:

Love these neighborhoods! Love the people in your pictures! You two ladies are so dang cute. Glad you made the reunions and even more happy you are here with us now. Both places are just right!

7. That street is adorable! I’d be in love with it, too. And what’s this about a return trip to Utah already? I’m jealous :-)

8. Morgan says:

I’m glad that you got a chance to catch up with your friends! I can’t get over how CUTE that street is! I’ve been to the AMNH so many times, but I’ve never really taken the time to do a whole lot of exploring around there. I’ll have to check it out the next time that I’m in NY. And specking of that, I think I’ll be in town at the end of next month. Of course I’d love to see you when I come! I’ll email you once I have a better idea of when exactly I’ll be there and hopefully we can makes some plans to get together.

9. Katherine says:

You and Alexa make such a darling pair! Love your CP and UWS photos!