10 inches of the white stuff

We had a pretty good snow storm this week. We woke up to 8-10 inches of snow, which is a lot for here! As I was getting ready to walk out the door in the morning, I thought, I should probably bring the camera…… And then I shrugged and rushed out the door.

I have been tired lately, wanting to simplify and avoid over-complicating my life. I don’t feel like lugging my camera around or waking up earlier than usual to take pictures. I just feel like chilling out and sort of hibernating. Stripping away all the extra stuff and focusing on the basics.

Anyway. I did take a few pictures of the snow with my phone. It was so nice and powdery and un-touched early in the morning. Before all the snow gets trampled and plowed, it’s one of the most beautiful, pristine times in this city.

11 comments on ‘10 inches of the white stuff’

1. sharla graf says:

Oh That is Beautiful and with the iphone no less!

2. Yelena says:

So beautiful.
    we only got a few inches in Missouri and by now all of it has melted or become a black dirty mess :( but, it was pretty while it lasted! :)
    have a lovely weekend! :)

3. Joanna Galbraith says:

Your pictures are beautiful no matter what camera you use. You are such a good photographer, Angie.

p.s. I am really excited for manana!

4. Sara Harding says:

7.5 weeks until i am there! in case you were wondering :)

how do your iphone photos turn out so well? especially the one of the cityscape and the snow. favorite.

5. Sara Harding says:

oh! and let me know what you think about food inc. when you watch it :)

6. sharla Graf says:

What movie you going to?

By the way you are awesome! Amazing in so many ways!

7. dayna magleby says:

wow!!! its so pretty. i’m wishin’ it will snow some more over here. it just aint fun when its cold unless there is snow.

8. lisa says:

ummmmmm, absoLUTELY gorgeous!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

9. Amanda V. says:

Blankets of white snow make me very, very happy, whether in NYC or Utah or anywhere! But Central Park is a particularly beautiful snow-covered sight.

I saw someone comment about Food Inc. — it’s a must-see.

10. Morgan says:

Your pictures are always so gorgeous. Really. ALWAYS. I love how up north, you get 10 inches of snow and you just walk outside and go about your business like nothing happened. Oh, how I miss those days. A couple of we ago, we got 8 inches and we were stuck inside for a week because the roads were so bad. It was kind of ridiculous. The south is definitely not prepared for this kind of weather. I’m sure that everyone up north was laughing at us.

11. Katherine says:

I love all your “Snow in Central Park” photos– love them! Isn’t ironic that when you wrote this post, little did you know that your super-sweet camera was going to break/malfunction, forcing you to simplify and rely on your iPhone camera?? It doesn’t matter though, because you know how to rock any camera, Ang!