General Relief Society Broadcast

Saturday evening I went to the Lincoln Square building for the General Relief Society Broadcast. It was a perfect evening spent catching up with friends and listening to inspired counsel from our church leaders. I was reminded how grateful I am for the support system of the Relief Society and the church. I am so grateful to have friends all over the city, and it was so fun to see many of them and catch up. I love these women! They are beautiful, funny, fun to be with, and they have such strong testimonies of the gospel. They’re such great examples and great friends.

The broadcast was wonderful. We were taught about the importance of the history of Relief Society, the power of Visiting Teaching, and to stop judging each other. I loved how funny President Monson was in his talk, and I especially loved this quote he shared:

“If we judge people, we have no time to love them.”
~Mother Theresa

Watch or listen to the broadcast here. Or here:

President Monson’s talk starts at minute 58, and his introduction makes me laugh out loud! I love that our prophet has such a sense of humor. He is a man of God, but still a real person. He always has such good stories to tell as part of his talks. I love him!

I am so excited for General Conference this weekend! Staying in, homemade brunch, watching conference, priesthood session girls night… it’s going to be great!

7 comments on ‘General Relief Society Broadcast’

1. Abbie White says:

It was so much fun! I agree – the RS is the most amazing support system. I’m so grateful for all the love and cheering we get from women in RS.

2. Cherene says:

I loved the broadcast as well. I think President Monson’s talk will be a classic. It was incredible. I thought about you on Saturday evening. Isn’t it great to know that we are all sharing a great, unifying experience – no matter where we are? Hooray for Relief Society – can’t wait for conference!

3. lisa says:

Yes, I loved the broadcast as well!! Grandma Graf called me and we had such a great time sharing our favorite parts of all the talks!! We can’t wait for General Conference!

4. Katherine says:

How cool that you got to watch it in the Lincoln Square building! Love that building! Love Pres. Monson! Love Mother Theresa! Love you!

5. sharla graf says:

Thank you so much for posting this! Michelle and I have already taken advantage of it and it is so great to have the link right at our fingertips! You are really a great example and I love you!!

6. Allie says:

I haven’t watched it yet! I was babysitting my friend’s little girl that night so she and Mark and I were at… McDonald’s instead. Ha ha. Oh well. But I think my mom and I were planning to watch it together sometime this weekend. I am so excited!

7. Morgan says:

Wasn’t it so fantastic! I love all of the talks, especially President Monson’s. I’m really learning how to appreciate Relief Society more and more. It’s so comforting to have such a huge group of women (all around the world) who love and support one another. It’s really such a huge blessing.