Conservatory Garden

My first Monday off in three weeks. I met up with Abbie and kiddos at Central Park. It was so warm out today, and late morning was the perfect time to take a leisurely stroll through the Conservatory Garden. The blossoms on the trees were pretty, but we decided that the gardens will be really spectacular in about three or four weeks when things start getting really green and the hundreds of tulips there finally bloom. Ooh, spring is just yummy, isn’t it?

I learned that motherhood is not for the faint of heart. Especially not in New York. Abbie is a rockstar NYC mom and I salute her superior endurance and stroller-pushing skills. After just a few hours of hauling kids around I was drained! We stopped at a playground where I collapsed on a bench and Abbie proceeded to climb up and down the jungle gym with the kids. I don’t know how she has so much energy! It’s awesome.

We enjoyed a well-earned lunch at Crepes on Columbus. The food there is great, it wasn’t crowded and the restaurant staff was really accommodating with our stroller. When I got home I promptly passed out for a couple hours. I hope Abbie and the kids did the same, or I’ll feel like a wimp. :)

Yep, she’s a rockstar.

Ten second rule.

Oh, she is cute!

Buddies.

7 comments on ‘Conservatory Garden’

1. Abbie White says:

This was so fun! I’m so happy you had the day off. This weather is amazing! I love it! And you’re so nice to call me a rockstar. You are a great momma cheerleader, you really are. We should hang out everday:).

2. Calee says:

I like the new blog! Someone said it was kind of like moving into a new house; I kind of agree, I feel like I want a tour or something:). Well done Klane on the setup, you’ve got yourself a wiz kid Ang!
    Amazing photos as usual too, you could go into business on the side. Wanna come take Ary’s first birthday pics next month?

3. Calee says:

PS, Abbie’s kids are adorable and you are not a wimp!

4. Morgan says:

Beautiful pictures. No surprise there! What a beautiful day you had. I could spend an entire day in Central Park and never ever want to leave. It’s so pretty and quiet and perfect.

I am in absolute agreement about NYC mothers. I’ve got tons of respect for all of them. That could not possibly be easy. Abbie seems like such a wonderful mother and friend, and just an all-around fantastic person. And obviously she is gorgeous and so are her children.

And you do not sound like a wimp. Not at all! If you’re a wimp then I am most certainly a wimp, too! A couple of weeks ago I babysat for the first time in a very long time. Two two-year-olds. Four hours. Between playing “run and catch me” (which involved me running and chasing after them for an hour), and wiping dirty hands and faces, and countless trips to the potty, I nearly died. Nap time could not come soon enough. And at the end of it all, I got to hand them over to their mother. I have so much respect for that woman, and for all mothers. It really is not easy an easy job. I think they’re all rockstars.

5. Yelena says:

awww..those photos are amazing! :) and those kids are adorable :) looks like you had a great outing! :)

6. abbie white says:

I just showed these photos to Forrest and he awed a lot and said “those are really cute.”

And yes, i was super tired.

7. sharla Graf says:

Wow! I can’t wait until you are taking pictures of your own adorable kids and for now I am loving Abbies also. Yes it is a great adventure to be a mom and somehow we all rise to the responsibility and love it all along the way!!