Klane went camping with the scouts last weekend. I was busy busy with meetings, appointments, babysitting, etc etc etc… but I spent a few charmed hours in Central Park with Alexa on Saturday afternoon. We enjoyed Shake Shack by the lake and a few rain-sprinkled hours of wandering, azalea discovering and good conversation. An afternoon [...] Read the rest…
About Those Hardings
This is our blog, filled with pictures, stories and updates from our little life here in Manhattan. With our tiny Harlem studio as home base, we work in Midtown, walk in the Park, and explore this incredible city one street corner at a time. Leave us a comment, and keep in touch! More About Us.
- Spontaneous visit
- Annie came to visit this week! It was really fun, especially because it was a spontaneous surprise visit – she decided last week and bought plane tickets on the spot. It was awesome! We had a fun few days eating (lots of eating!) and walking the city. I took a lot of pictures of food…. [...] Read more – ‘Spontaneous visit’.
- Street fair
- The annual stake street fair was a huge success! The girls did their usual nail salon and we had a steady stream of customers. The girls were so cute as they painted people’s nails. Klane and the young men did a gold fish toss that was super popular. Kids tossed a ball into cups to [...] Read more – ‘Street fair’.
- Art Deco
- On Saturday Klane came with me to scope out this awesome old building I want to use for a themed photo session with a friend. He was nice enough to let me take test shots of him around the building and in the gorgeous lobby. Check out the subway entrance outside! It was beautiful. Afterward [...] Read more – ‘Art Deco’.
- Anniversary and a Sunday Picnic
- Today was a really good day. We’ve been so lucky to be surrounded by really great friends in New York. Friends become like a big family, since most of us are far away from our own relatives. We really feel blessed to be in the Harlem ward, which is full of so many warm, welcoming, [...] Read more – ‘Anniversary and a Sunday Picnic’.
- Cookies for Camp
- For the past month, the young women (and their leaders!) have been working to plan and carry out our fundraiser for Girls Camp this summer. We sold homemade cookie dough to our ward members to help fund the girls’ camp fee. It’s been a huge undertaking and I am so grateful for my presidency for [...] Read more – ‘Cookies for Camp’.